Break out the Capezio tights because after remembering these dance numbers, you are going to want to get practicing! Each of the routines below is remembered and loved by thousands, for different reasons, and has earned its place on this list. Read through the list to get inspired to buy your own Bloch dance shoes and learn some moves of your own.
- “You Gotta Have Heart” from Damn Yankees: Can anyone really resist men in baseball uniforms dancing in unison? We doubt it! The dance moves are pretty spectacular as well.
- “The Rumble” from West Side Story: A lesson in the correct way to turn a fight scene into a dance number. Never has a fight been more exciting than this one between the Sharks and the Jets.
- “All That Jazz” from Chicago: A prime example of musical theater dancing at its best.
- “I’ve Got Rhythm” from Crazy For You: Showgirl style dancing and impeccable precision are what mark this as a great number. This is the epitome of a show stopper that leaves everyone aching for more.
- “You’re the One That I Want” from Grease: What people love the most is the fact that this catchy tune is simple enough for even novice dancers to create their own routines to. Beyond that, it marks the culmination of everyone’s fantasy love story in an epic way. Little girls everywhere are swooning.